Shrewsbury Colleges Group introduce a new student programme, inviting a group of 16/17 year old Swiss students to study with them during the next academic year.
From September Shrewsbury Colleges Group will be accepting a group of 16/17 year old French speaking Swiss students to study with them for one academic year. The programme has run in other top-class colleges over the last eight years. The students are always intelligent and motivated to get involved, so will bring a fabulous new dimension to Shrewsbury Colleges Group as well as opening local student’s eyes to new opportunities.
For the programme to be a success, thirteen caring local host families with access to the town centre campuses and a spare bedroom available from September until late June are required.
What you need to provide:
- A caring and supportive environment for the forthcoming academic year – all types of families are considered, with and without children, single host parents, and young at heart grandparents. We always match students to the most appropriate family.
- A bedroom for the student and a study area away from distractions (if not in the bedroom).
- All meals except lunches on college days.
Why host a Swiss student?
- Enjoy being involved in this project with Shrewsbury Colleges Group.
- Build new friendships with your student and their parents in Switzerland which can last a lifetime, starting when we introduce everybody in June.
- The students are French speaking and will study German A level which may be of interest to those practising languages.
- Students return home for the Christmas and Easter breaks, plus we can cover other short family breaks giving you flexibility during the year.
- You receive, a generous remuneration and, support throughout the year to ensure you have a positive experience.
Here is one host family’s experience at another college: “Luna has enriched our family life and is a pleasure to have around. She has become a true friend and we enjoy sharing activities through fresh eyes.” says Susan Holloway.
If interested, for more information please contact Ric Carby on 07748 113782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who manages the host families and students outside of college or visit www.host-families.co.uk.